Friday, January 27, 2012

Day 56

Movie: Mulroney the Opera
Starring: Rick Miller, Geordie Johnson
Genre: Comedy, Musical
Year: 2011
Format: Shaw Video On Demand

Plot: The 18th Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney has his political career put to song in this satire about his time in Ottawa.

Though this was done by the  Filmboard of Canada, it doesn't pull any punches. Packed with notable Canadian faces, sadly, no one does their own singing as it is a proper opera.
For anyone who knows little to nothing about the politics of Canada in the 1980's you will find this to be a mix of fact and fiction to the point of confusion.

It runs a bare 75minutes.

What do I think I learned from this film?
I am honestly not sure I learned much of anything from this other then I had a few great laugh out loud moments. I'm not big on musicals to begin with so this was one of those "try it what do you have to loose at lest you can say you tried" moments.  I do see a proper book version of  Mulroney's biography in my near future because I'd like to know how much of this film was based on fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment