Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 62

Movie:Notebook
Starring: Ryan Gosling, Rachel McAdams
Genre: Drama, Romance
Year: 2004
Format: DVD


Plot: Two teenagers meet one summer and fall in love, but her parents don't want them together and manage to break them up.  Seven years later, they meet again and start their romance again. Meanwhile, their story is being read by an older couple in a nursing home, in hopes it will bring the older couple back together.

Well, it starts off very dry, but about the midway point, I found myself like so many other people, crying my eyes out.
I understand now why it's been called one of the most romantic movies of all time.

I know it's based on a book, which I have not read, but there were moments in this film that just seemed pointless and cliched. I've never been a fan of Romeo and Juilet and that's really all this is, a retelling of that.

What do I think I learned from this film?
Follow your heart no matter how long it takes you to find the right one.

No comments:

Post a Comment