Friday, February 17, 2012

Day 77

Movie: A Clockwork Orange
Starring: Malcolm McDowell, Warren Clarke
Genre: Drama
Year: 1971
Format: DVD


Plot: Alex and his group of friends terrorize London. Once Alex is caught and sent to jail, he bargains his way out early by allowing the government to give him an experimental treatment. Once out, he's at the mercy of society.

Based on the book by the same name.

It's been a long while since I watched this film. Years.  It was one of those cult-classics that managed to become a major element in my life in high school and college.
I have to admit, I've been reluctant to come back to this movie. Elements of this film that I used to find cool are now more subtly disturbing.  Which in itself is how I suppose it is actually meant to be.
This movie has been studied to death by professors, fans and nearly everyone who's ever seen it, so there isn't much reason for me to get too deep into this film right now. 

What do I think I learned from this film?
Everything has a price and what goes around comes around.

No comments:

Post a Comment