Monday, February 20, 2012

Day 80

Movie: Only You
Starring: Robert Downey Jr, Marisa Tomei
Genre: Romance, Drama, Comedy
Year: 1994
Format: Shaw Video On Demand


Plot: After being told one night the name of her soulmate by both a ouija board and a fortune teller, Faith holds on to the idea of meeting the man connected to the name for years. Then, only days before her wedding to someone else, she gets a phone call that sets her running around the world for him.

Destiny has a life of it's own, and no matter what you might do to set it in motion or go against it, you will end up on the path you were meant to be on.

I think this film works only because it takes place in a country known for romance, it's not something that would really take shape anywhere else.
After years of people surprised I'd never seen this film, I decided on a whim to rent it. I have to say, it had it's moments that were cute; but it's not something I could sit through too often. Maybe because I do believe in destiny.

What do I think I learned from this film?
You have to have faith that destiny will find you and that you should never settle for less then the ONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment