Sunday, July 22, 2012

Day 221

movie:Jesus Henry Christ
starring: Toni Collette, Michael Sheen
genre; Comedy
year: 2012
format: Shaw Video On Demand

plot: a child genius learns that his dad was a sperm donor and goes in search of him.  What he learns is that he has a half sister who's had a research book written on her, and that the man who might be his biological father may or may not be his half sister's step dad.

The write up of this film sounds more complicated then it really is. I just couldn't figure out how to do the write up without giving away major spoilers.

I love the pairing of Toni Collette and Michael Sheen in this film, these are two of my favourite actors. 
Their roles in this film are very much tipping the gender roles, as Collette plays this very strong feminist while Sheen plays a more sensitive emotional male. 

This is not your typical romantic comedy, far far far from it; but it does still have a romantic sense to it.

what do i think i learned from this film?
Family is what you make for yourself.  This movie asks the questions about roles and parenting.  What makes a parent? 

2 comments:

  1. I'd never heard of this movie, but I *love* Michael Sheen and Toni Colette, so I may have to look for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah M... I stumbled upon it just flipping through the new releases on the On Demand. I'd never heard of before either

    ReplyDelete