Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day 229

movie: Superman Returns
starring: Brandon Routh, Kevin Spacey
genre: Action, Drama, Crime,
year: 2006
format: Shaw Video On Demand

plot: Superman has been off Earth for 5 years.  In that time, Luthor has gotten out of prison and Lois Lane has moved on with her life, getting married and having a baby. 

This seems like it re-writes the series, as it over rides the plots of the films after the second movie.  Which was sort of confusing, as I was led to believe it was a full on reboot.

This was good,  not in the way I was expecting it to be, but I really liked the casting on this.  At first glance you wouldn't think that Kevin Spacey would fit the roll of Luthor, but after about five minutes you wonder how you ever watched another actor in this role.
I'm going on the idea that half the cast was in fact cast because they looked so much like the original actors.  I might be far off on this, but Brandon Routh had the gestures and speech pattern of Christopher Reeve down to perfection. 

what do I think I learned from this film?
Life goes on even when you don't expect things to change they do.  Love never really dies, and honesty is the only policy. Everyone needs a superhero to believe in, even when the idea seems so off the wall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment