Sunday, August 19, 2012

Day 245

Movie: Kill Bill Vol 1
Starring: Uma Thurman, Lucy Lu
Genre:Action, Crime,
Year: 2003
Format: Shaw Video On Demand


Plot: After having been in a coma for four years, a woman sets out for revenge on the group who put her there.

What  Quentin Tarantino will go down in history for creating.
This half of the film is the Kung Fu half of the movie, while the second is the Spaghetti Western.

I liked much of this but have to admit, I was put off by the animation segment.  I have just never been one for Japanese Anime.
I actually found myself laughing out loud at some of the over the top blood soaked scenes.

It's been years since I first saw the Kill Bill movies, and had forgotten how good the writing of the characters actually were. At first glance, you get the impression it's just a shoot em up - in this case a slice em up- film, but after a bit, you realize how much of a web has been spun around the characters.

What do I think I learned from this film?
Revenge isn't always what you thought it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment