Friday, September 14, 2012

Top 5 Favs Zombies


It was pointed out to me that I've covered vampires, witches and werewolves but not zombies, in my top five lists.
That's because I don't care for zombie films.  But, just to be fair, I will do a top five zombie films.



1. Night of the Living Dorks

2. Shaun of the Dead

3. Chopper Chicks in Zombie Town

4. Zombie Strippers

5. Romero's Dawn of the Dead


As you can see, other then the cultclassic Dawn of the Dead, when it comes to zombie films, I much prefer the comedy side of things.

I've actually talked about this a few times on other places online in the past, my distaste for zombies is considered a bit odd given how connected they are to vampires in folklore.  But we're talking Hollywood here not folklore and even though the zombie is high on the Hollywood hits list, I have a difficult time stomaching them. 

But, at the same time, there are many films that are classed with a zombie tag that have vampire traits and can easily cross over into vampire lists.



2 comments:

  1. You need to check out the film "Fido"- a wonderful littzle zombie/Old Yeller hybrid starring Billy Connolly- just hysterical!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karl... thanks, I've actually already seen it. I just really wanted to keep the list to 5 movies.

      Delete