Sunday, October 14, 2012

Day 290

movie: Prometheus
starring: Michael Fassbender, Noomi Rapace
genre: Sc-Fi
year: 2012
format: Shaw Video On Demand

plot: A group of researchers find a map that leads them to the very outer edges of the universe in search of the origins of humankind.

This is the prequel for the Alien movies. I have to admit, I have not seen the original series, so going into this I hoped it would be a stand alone film, and it does hold up as one.

You've got robots, aliens, and a lot of government secrets. Everything for a really good sci-fi.

There are moments where you sort of feel like you've seen this before, but at the same time, it's got a few tricks up it's sleeve. 
I would have liked to have had a bit more of an explanation for the "creator"  that they find, but otherwise, this is a decent movie. I understand that it's part of the series/spin off, so things might have made more sense to me if I'd seen any of the other Alien films.

what do i think i learned from this film?
You have to believe in something. Sometimes, even when you know that something is going to kill you.

No comments:

Post a Comment