Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Day 325

movie: Twilight 5 Breaking Dawn part 2
starring; Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart
genre: Action
year: 2012
format: Cinema

plot: Bella and Edward's daughter is seen by another vampire, and accused of being an immortal child which causes the beginning of a war between the clans and the Volturi.

Okay, yeah I said few days ago I wasn't going to cover any more vampire films before the end of the year.  Well, I actually said I wasn't going to cover any more after this one, cause I wasn't sure I was going to cover this one... yeah that's a run on sentence.
BUT, I just got back from seeing this at the cinema and I have to say, if you only ever see one of the Twilight movies, this is the one to pick.
Since this is still at the cinema as I write this, and I don't want to be tempted to give spoilers, I will say that it has some nice touches.
The credits, both opening an closing are very different style wise from the other films, and this one has the entire cast covered in the credits.  And I mean ENTIRE cast, from all 5 movies.  So they run close to 5 minutes on their own.

And this is not for kids!  We open with a vampire attack and then go into a sex scene. It's like all the vampire kills were saved for this installment. The werewolves are a bit on the thin side, but the plot does stick to the other clans this time around.

The character of Renesmee is a dhampir, which is always nice to see brought into mythos.  As well as all the the clans having a "magickal ability", which lends to a few folklores that say if you are a witch in life you will be a vampire in death.  I always love to see real folklores being weaved into fictional stories.

what do i think i learned from this film?
Some parents should have their heads smashed together- which has nothing to do with the film itself but my ranting on the fact that the cinema screening room was filled with kids under the age of 8 who just should not have been allowed in.

Things are not always as they first appear, and everyone has something special about them that will in time revel itself.  The force is always with you

No comments:

Post a Comment