Friday, November 30, 2012

Day 334

movie: Lawless
starring: Tom Hardy, Guy Pearce
genre: Drama, Bio-pic, Crime
year: 2012
format; Shaw Video On Demand

plot: Three brothers running a moonshine business during the 1930's prohibition, have to deal with a crocked cop as well as a few gangsters who want a cut

This is based on the book  The Wettest Country in the World by  Matt Bondurant.

I was excited for this for one reason, Tom Hardy. (I think I'm the only person who really liked his Star Trek character)

The violence is minimal considering the topic, and the film is very much about the characters.
Guy Pearce is brilliant as this creepy cop who has mysophobia (fear of germs, oh yeah I broke out the dictionary) to the point that I was thinking that would be his character's undoing...

I was disappointed Gary Oldman had little to do in this film. I was expecting him to have a larger role.

what do i think i learned from this film?
Never underestimate the strength of the human heart. You're usually much stronger then you think you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment