Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Day 353

movie: My Life in Ruins
starring: Nia Vardalos, Richard Dreyfuss
genre: Comedy, Romance
year: 2009
format: online

plot: A history professor is forced to be a tour guide while living in Greece. On her last tour, she finds that she is being sabotaged by one of her co-workers, and starts up a romance with her new bus driver.

This is one of those it is better then it sounds, but not as good as the trailer made it seem.

It's a "starting over" movie that just always seems to be geared to us women over 30. It's sweet, but ten minutes into it you get the "been here seen this movie"  feel. 
I can not say I hated it, but I can not say I really liked it either.

What makes this film laughable, is the pick-pocket grandma.

what do i think i learned from this film?
Relax, have an ice cream, have a dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment