Wednesday, February 20, 2013

What that movie inspired me to do # 7


I thought that I was way beyond due to have another one of these. Not just a "what that inspired me to do"  post, but a recipe inspired by a movie post.

Nearly everyone and their dog's grandmother has seen the cult classic film Lost Boys, and remembers the classic scene when the gang is in the cave with Micheal and order Chinese food.

Do you see where I am going with this?  Okay, so they have plan rice for that scene.  So I decided to go with a very quick and basic fried rice.




 

Ingredients:

1 cup mushrooms chopped

1 cup chopped green onions

2 cups rice

5 tablespoons of vegetable oil

2 eggs

soya sauce

salt and pepper to taste

Directions:   cook the rice to the instructions,

heat oil, scramble eggs,  add mushrooms to egg and oil,  cook on medium heat for about five minutes,

add half green onions to mixture, continue to cook stirring constantly,

add salt and pepper to taste,

add rice, mix, 
add soya sauce and continue mixing till everything is one colour,

top with the remainder of the green onion




 I have to admit, it was fun to get back into the kitchen and cook something for the projects. 

I have a few other movie recipes planned for the coming weeks as well.   Some of which I've never made before and I want to try them a few times before posting about them.



(yeah that is my copy of American Psycho.  I'll be back later with an update for movie/book club)

No comments:

Post a Comment