Saturday, July 13, 2013

Stupid movie

I was flipping channels while at mom's earlier, and there was an Adam Sandler movie on. You Don't Mess with the Zohan.  The very thin plot has Sandler as a counter-terrorist who wants to give up the life and just be a hairstylist. He goes to the U.S., meets the woman of his dreams, and manages to stop a large corporation from bullying an entire neighbourhood.

I don't know what's more disturbing, the fact that this movie got made or the fact I actually sat through a showing of it.

I get the message, we're all human and we need to realize everyone is equal.  It's extremely political in nature, and seeing the ever present cast of SNL members that seems to be in all the Sandler movies, just made it all that more teeth grinding. 

Then why did I sit through this film?  I needed something for the blog didn't I. Main rule when I started this blog, never turn down a movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment