Saturday, August 3, 2013

Top 5 Fav -TV too good for TV




Anyone remember that way back in the day, Bravo used the tag line, "TV too good for TV" to promote Twin Peaks ?
Well, Bravo Canada did. And they were right.  I've been fairly vocal the last few months about my Netflix addiction.  Part of that has to do with the Netflix original shows Hemlock Grove and Orange is the New Black.   Both based on books.

But this got me thinking, about shows that are so good, so different, so witty, that I have to shake my head to remind myself it's not a movie. It's an hour show.

1. Farscape.

2. Cult

3. Ripper Street

4. Hemlock Grove

5. Being Human (original British)


Okay, so we lost Cult too soon. The show wasn't really given a solid chance to shine. But given it was from the minds who gave us Farscape, I knew I was in for something brilliant the second I heard about it.
I can't be the only one who in one of the last episodes of Cult, spotted the Rygel label on the snack jar?  Or the similarities of the Billy character to Scorpius? Specially in the episode of Cult when Skye is in the coma having the crazy dream, the Billy clone in her head.  I kept waiting for more and more inside jokes to connect to Farscape.
Which is what I liked about Cult. It took the base idea that people devote so much of themselves to their favourite shows/movies/actors etc that they do take on a cult-ish life of their own.

I mean, look at what I'm doing with this blog. Talking about movies, wrestlers, tv etc.

till later
Love Ardeth Blood

No comments:

Post a Comment