Thursday, December 5, 2013

Year 3 Day 3

movie: Harold and Kumar Go to Whitecastle
starring: John Cho, Kal Penn
genre: comedy
year: 2004
format: online (Netflix Canada)

plot: two buddies decide to find a local white castle after spending the afternoon getting high, but along the way, they loose their car, and end up in countless crazy adventures.


Okay, I tend to stay away from anything that has the word "raunchy" in it's review description, so I was really unsure if this was something I wanted to see.  Ends up, it was.
It was well written, the comedic timing was bang on, and the characters just seemed to work. There were times this film was so over the top it made sense, even the scene with the cartoon hallucination works. I loved the idea of Neil Patrick Harris as a trumped up psycho character in this.  There were moments when I couldn't help but think back to the old Cheech and Chong movies as well as the old Burt Reynolds/Dom DeLuise films.

No comments:

Post a Comment