Friday, December 6, 2013

Year 3 Day 4

Movie: The Cat in the Hat
starring: Mike Myers, Alec Baldwin
genre: comedy
year: 2003
format: tv edit

plot:Two bored kids end up in a big mess when the babysitter falls asleep and a large talking cat appears. They spend the day then trying to keep the house clean and their mom's new boyfriend away.


Okay, there is no way on earth you can tell me this is a kid's movie. There is no way on earth that you can tell me this is a family movie. And there is no way on earth that you can tell me having Mike Myers as the lead character was a good idea.
The scene where he is singing about getting neutered while in drag is just inappropriate to be in a movie that is suppose to be geared for kids. I don't remember much of the books from when I was a kid, but don't think that sort of subtext was ever in it.


No comments:

Post a Comment