Sunday, December 8, 2013

Year 3 Day 6

Movie: Christmas Town
starring: Nicole de Boer, Patrick Muldoon
genre: Family,
year: 2008
format: TV Edit

plot: A single mom who does not care much for the holidays, finds herself and her son in the middle of a town that makes Christmas items, after getting a postcard from her dad whom she hasn't seen in years.

This was a direct to video movie, but has that made for tv feel to it which could be why it seems to be on every year lately at Christmas.

Okay, first off,  I can't believe I actually sat through this. Second, I can't believe I am admitting I sat through this.

There really isn't much to this movie. Two people sort of lost end up in a town they were half way suppose to be looking for to begin with, the kid knows that it's "Santa's workshop" and spends the whole movie trying to prove it, while the mom who doesn't care much for the whole holiday, wanders around trying to find her missing kid, meanwhile, everyone else is just acting like it's the most natural thing ever.

They explain the ending by saying they make Christmas props then undo that by having the typical shot of Santa and the reindeer against the night sky. You're left wondering who's lying to whom?

What did I learn from this?  I still hate Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment