Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Year 3 Day 33

movie: Our Idiot Brother
starring: Paul Rudd, Elizabeth Banks
genre: Comedy, Drama,
year: 2011
format: online Netflix Canada

plot: after being in jail for selling weed to a cop, a man finds himself kicked out of his girlfriend's house and having to live with his relatives. Each one of his sisters ends up having their life fall apart when he stays with them, only because his extreme honesty uncovers everyone's betrayals.

I started off iffy on this film. I liked the idea behind it, but some of the characters were just so one dimensional, such as the cheating brother-in-law and the main character's ex-girlfriend.
All I could think through half of it was, too bad more people aren't this honest. The world wouldn't be as messed up if people took a page out of this character's life.

I liked the comical sub-plot between the main character and the new boyfriend of his ex and their friendship. I can say, that's not something you see too often in real life. I know personally, I'm not the type to be friends with any ex-boyfriend, let alone their new girl. I'm not that good of a person.


No comments:

Post a Comment