Saturday, February 8, 2014

The Nosferatu Adventures S4 p15

The Nosferatu Adventures
page 117, chapter 117

The Seer was standing in the middle of an open field, his hands covered in blood, a large bonfire burning, as he guided the smoke towards the wall. He chanted a spell to reveal the gates. It had taken him hours just to locate the building given the invisible barrier, and he was running out of energy.

"I'm here." our heroine's voice echoed in his mind. "I've made it to the front gates."

"I've nearly gotten the barrier unlocked." they'd been telepathically linked for hours, the Seer trying to help her make it through the maze.

"How nearly? I've had a really pissed off werewolf on my ass for the last few days."

"Going as fast as I can." the Seer replied, as he began to see images like a haze indicating he was breaking through. The gates were much larger then he first thought, and now he wasn't sure he'd be able to break them open. He felt a stabbing pain behind his eyes, forcing him to stop the spell. "What's happening?" his own voice screamed telepathically.

"God...Reuben." our heroine was gasping for air yet again as the werewolf caught up with her inside the gates.

The Seer got control of himself, restarting the spell, his eyes turning the amber-grey of the wolf as he began to shift, draining what energy he had left. Just then, the gates broke open, like a tear in the invisible material, Reuben dragging our heroine's lifeless body behind him. He collapsed at the Seer's feet, breathing deeply as the now setting sun cast him in shadows.

"I told you I was going to get you out before I destroyed you." he snarled as he dropped to his knees, his hands running through his hair, over his beard and face. He was coated in blood down the one side of his face and neck.  Sniffing, he turned his eyes up to glare at the Seer, springing to his feet again, he grabbed him hugging him tight.

A long ten minutes past before our heroine woke, a scream ripping from her throat. The whole time, the Seer had been going over and over in his mind the best solution to their lack of an alpha. He knew by this point, the others would be fighting among themselves, the natural instinct to dominate having taken over.
The female rolled over on the ground, pounding her fist into her chest trying to breathe. Another sound seemed to escape from her as she lunged for the Seer, sinking her teeth hard into his shoulder and collarbone. She drank greedily, her nails hooking into the flesh of his neck and back anchoring herself to him. He stumbled backward under the female's weight, knocking the wind out of himself, before telling her that was enough and pushing her off. 

"You need to let Ash claim you as his mate. That will secure him as the pack alpha." the Seer said as he gulped air, getting back to his feet.

"Why? I thought it's what you wanted all this time? To be the alpha?" she said reaching a shaky hand to his face before hugging him tight, her hands clutching at the back of his hair.

"It is. I do, but right now, Ash is a better bet. Besides..." he turned towards Reuben. "I'm not going to go up against him. He is my sire."

"Well, bud. I think it's a bit late for that." Reuben said sticking his tongue out eyes wide. "There was a full moon about five nights ago." he ran his left palm down his stomach, grabbing himself, his chocolate brown puppy dog eyes flashing the wolf.

"So you two..." the Seer looked from one to the other. "Damn it!" he threw his head back eyes closed, hands tearing at his hair. "I figured if you were locked away from it, that it wouldn't affect you." he swore as he began biting his nails.

"Not like we planned it." our heroine said meekly reaching for the Seer's arm. He shoved her off swallowing hard. "Trust me, if he hadn't been feeding off me, keeping me weak, I would have been able to either out run him or fight him off."

"Natural order of things my boy." Reuben commented as he took a step backwards swaying. "The difference is that I'm going to do what I need to, to protect what's left of the pack. I'm not going to let my emotions for you get in the way." he gestured towards our heroine. "Even though every time I look at you now, I want to kill you, even though every time I get two feet near you now, I want to rip you to shreds and chew on your bones, even though when I think of you now, all I see is Dagan being eaten alive by mermaids, even though..." he advanced towards her, his hand grabbing her by the back of the neck. "We were friends, now, now you're just my bitch!" he spat the last word. "And you know what, I'm going to enjoy making you suffer over it." he licked his bottom lip, the tip of his tongue dragging slowly across it, his eyes shifting to the amber-grey of the wolf. Reuben tightened his grip on her neck, sniffing her. "Your destruction will be my memorial to Dagan. And every time I use you, you're going to beg me to kill you." he wiped the back of his hand over his lips, a devious sparkle in his eyes.  "You want to know what it's like to be a werewolf huh?" he pressed against her, his hair falling between them, sticking to her face. "To really be the alpha's bitch? Huh? Look at me when I talk to you!" he grabbed her chin with his other hand. "There's no love here, I don't love you. Any friendship we had is over. Any tolerance, any emotions I had for you are gone. You're going to pay for Dagan's death every single time I get the opportunity. My loyalty to you is over." Reuben leaned over licking her cheek. "The last few weeks playing hide and seek in that hell..." he pointed towards the once again empty looking field. "are going to feel like a cake walk. You're going to look back on that point in things and think of it like a fond sweet memory." the werewolf growled, turning his attention on the Seer. "Understand this. You're my bloodline, my pack. And I know you two were having an affair before and frankly I don't care. But now, she's off limits. She's the reason Dagan is dead and she's going to pay for it. Every day for the next few hundred years, this bitch is going to pay for it."


tune in again for another installment of the Nosferatu Adventures starring your heroine...me (straight up story. Come on, we all knew Reuben had that in him)

No comments:

Post a Comment