Monday, February 10, 2014

Year 3 Day 57

movie: There's Something about Mary
starring: Ben Stiller, Cameron Diaz
genre: Comedy
year: 1998
format: TV edit

plot: A guy hires a private investigator to track down his high school crush, only the sleazy investigator has other ideas.

For years, I have had people in shock when I say that I've never seen this movie. So when I saw it was on tv, I thought let's see what's so hot about it.  Ends up, nothing.  I just didn't get what people think is so great about this film? 

You have a chick being stalked by a bunch of guys, while lying to her about what they're up to.  It actually sounds flat out creepy and childish when you think about it in real life terms.

I get the point is don't judge a book by it's cover, love is blind, you never know what you're looking for till it finds you, but this movie left me feeling like I've seen this type of plot before and better.


No comments:

Post a Comment