Sunday, May 4, 2014

The Nosferatu Adventures S5 p10

The Nosferatu Adventures
page 141, chapter 141

The large wolf sneezed as he shook himself off, cold rain water flying everywhere. Our heroine woke with a start, sitting bolt upright in the bed. She found herself face to muzzle with the shadowy figure as he growled, inching closer to her on the bed.

"Dagan. What are you doing here?" the auburn wolf snorted as he laid his face across the female's lap. "You can't be here." she shoved him causing him to growl. "You have to leave back through the window like you came in." He snorted again refusing to move. "The nuns can't find you here. Not in wolf form, or human. Reuben can't find you here." she shoved him harder forcing the wolf to jump from the bed back out the open window.
Our heroine was barely laying back down when the male popped back up at the window, sitting on the edge of it one leg on either side.

"I just want to talk to you."

"Dagan, I'm serious. They let us stay with one rule. Everyone in their own rooms."

"You're afraid of some human nun?"

"Afraid no, respectful yes. And not all are human-human. Some are witches remember. That's why we're here"

The male nodded looking out the window, his legs swinging. "You smell different. Better. Like you again." he said not looking at her.

"Well, no more baby. I lost it."

"All for the best." he mumbled something bitting his bottom lip. He grunted then, letting out a sigh.

"You said you wanted to talk. You've got two minutes." she got out of bed, crossing the few feet to stand by the window. Our heroine instinctively reaching out to touch Dagan's hand but pulled away from him, crossing her arms under her chest.  The male said nothing, just continued to bite his lip, and swing his legs. Leaning over, he caught a face full of rain before turning and grabbing her arm pulling her to him.

"It would be so easy to say that after the thing on the ship, while I was rotting away in that hell, that you were what got me through it. I could say that, but we both know it would be a lie. All that time. Starving to death over and over again. Alone, forgotten. I did think of you a few times. But not in anyway that mattered. Not in any real way you would think of your mate." He pouted eyes wide as he ran his now wet face against her chest. Sniffing deeply, the werewolf growled. "I guess I missed you. I missed your scent. As a werewolf, it's the first thing I missed. The familiarness of certain smells." he hugged her tight. "The comfort of your scent." he dug his nails into her arms, causing small drops of blood to run down her pale flesh. "And I missed your blood. The way it tastes" his mouth was pressed against her throat before she could react. Dagan drinking greedily, ripping bits of her flesh chewing it like gum. Before our heroine could breathe, she felt the familiar sensation of his wrist against her mouth, his blood coating her tongue in a thick hot gush. Moving from her, the male smiled, still chewing on a small chunk of her flesh. "See now I know you thought of that. I know you missed me the same way I missed you." he planted a noisy kiss on her forehead as he pushed her away a few inches. "Like I said sweetheart, you might not be my mate anymore, but I'm still connected to you. This sire bond it might drive me insane when we're apart, but that doesn't mean I'm not in control of it."  he nodded as he spat out what he'd been chewing, wiping the back of his hand over his mouth. "You are still my best insurance policy and I intend to make it work. I'm going to get back what's rightfully mine and you're going to help."  He pulled her tight to him, closing his eyes suddenly breathing heavy. "We were always closer before you were my mate anyways. I think we had more fun then." he sniffed her hair, his hands then at her ribs, nails scratching. "Okay so here's the plan. I'm going to kill Reuben..." Dagan brought his finger and thumb up to her nose. "Just a little. Enough to get my alpha position back. And while he's slightly dead, are you listening, following this, need to take notes or anything?" the male jerked her towards him. "While he's dead, I'm going to claim you again." his eyes went wide as he whispered. "I'm not joking around. Being the pack alpha is my only goal. And I'll do whatever I need to in order to keep it. So get used to the idea sweetheart, of those grey streaks coming back to that hideous hair do of your's and if you even think about helping Reuben, I'll end you."

"Dagan, Fine. Challenge Reuben. Win if you think you can. But, what I don't understand, is now I'm not your mate anymore why haven't you bothered to get yourself another? Huh? If that's all it will really take once you slaughter Roo? Claiming another female mate."

"Human wives don't count. Only supernatural creatures do. You're the only one who fits the bill."

"Do witches count?"  Dagan blinked as he started to fidget, shifting his weight from one foot to the other, licking his lips. "They're supernatural creatures. There are at lest six witches in this building alone."  our heroine shrugged. "If that's the big key to securing your leadership role, then I'm sure you could make do." She moved closer to the male, her own slim pale arms now at his shoulders as she stood on her tiptoes, her hazel eyes flashing the pure white of the banshee. "Unless you've got something in that shadowy heart of yours Ripper that you need to confess?" she licked his face from the edge of his chin up over his lips to his nose and up to the center of his forehead. "Dagan, your words might hide what you really want, but not your body language. And certainly not your DNA." she patted his stomach as she moved back to the bed. "I've learned to taste emotions when I drink blood. Yours screams of..." she dropped her voice to a near whisper. "Fearful desires."

He stalked towards her, shaking out his shoulders. "Fearful? Of what? I'm not afraid of anyone or anything."

"You Ripper are afraid of getting what you want again. You got hurt last time and you're terrified it will happen again. You immediately thought you had been betrayed..."

"I was betrayed."

"No you weren't. Why can't you understand that? You were dead. Physically dead for long enough that your claiming me was undone, long enough that the pack was without an alpha. Reuben didn't have a choice. Challenge him, win if you can, get your alpha position back. But don't you dare use it as an excuse to claim me again! I'm your's Ripper, only if you're willing to admit it to yourself that's your true intentions. I'm tired of playing this backseat game to your pride, to your ego. Stop sneaking around me like some monster in a fairy tale. If that dream or whatever it was, that we all shared is any indication to your innerself, I know what you're really afraid of. It's not loosing your status. It's the idea that you could love someone like me. Even in that dream even on a subconscious level, you were laying claim to me. Even through all the insults and the rude behaviour you didn't want to let someone else care about me. You are such a bully sometimes, worst of all, you're a coward."

He stood there his mouth open slightly, his neck craned, shoulders hunched, pointing to his chest. "Coward?" he blinked twice for emphases. "A bully? You really think that little of me?" he breathed, his breath hitting her hair. Nodding to himself more then her, Dagan grabbed her arm pointing towards the window. 


Meanwhile...

There was a tapping on Reuben's bedroom door. Rolling over, the werewolf sniffed deeply, not recognizing the scent. Silently, he got out of bed and shuffled to the door. Opening it a centimeter, he spotted one of the young nuns. Smirking to himself, the male opened the door enough for her to enter. "Is there a problem?" he asked flicking his hair out of his face, his fangs beginning to show, his mouth filling with saliva. The young girl held her breath as she gazed around the room seeing he was alone. "Miss?" Reuben sniffed as he leaned against the closed door.

"Your wife's not here?"

He raised an eyebrow about to say he didn't have a wife when he remembered the banshee. Clearing his throat Reuben looked at the floor. "Your mother superior made us take separate rooms." he had to suppress a giggle knowing full well the young girl trembling beside him knew this. "I believe she was placed in the east wing. If you're needing her."   Her temperature rose, causing her to blush as she let out a held breath, her fingers working manically with the cuff of her sleeve. She was nervous. "Did you have a message for her?" the werewolf let his hair fall back over his face hiding his eyes as they flashed the amber-grey of the wolf. Best not to scare her too soon, her blood was already hot, he didn't want it to be bitter too.

"It's you I came here to speak to." she managed to squeak out. The dark haired male couldn't keep the fit of laughter in any longer, and found himself bent over from the roar of it.

"Miss, I'm flattered. But even if I wanted to...speak to you in such a manner, I can't." his nostrils flared with the hot sweetness of her scent, of the innocent nervousness mixed with her peach shampoo. It alone was enough to make his body react, in more ways then one.

Reuben stopped laughing suddenly. A cloud then seemed to cross his features as the male stood back up to his full height. Grabbing the girl by the neck, he pushed her out the door back into the hallway.
Closing it, he rested his forehead against the smooth coolness of it, his eyes having changed again to that of his true nature.
The girl being there had tempted the wolf, but she also tempted the rest of him. Something was wrong. Reuben had claimed Nosferatu, she was the only one who should have been able to get a sexual reaction from him. Male werewolves couldn't cheat once they had claimed a female mate. Growling, he nearly ripped the door off it's hinges as he headed in the direction of our heroine's room.

Reuben didn't bother to knock as he entered the female's bedroom. He blinked when he found it empty, then took a long sniff of the room, a slight anger engulfing him. The smell of wet dog was strong, but not just any dog, he knew Dagan had been there.
Turning the male slowly made his way through the empty halls of the building, his eyes dark as they had turned back to their chocolate brown, his lips pressed in a thin line. His ears twitched as he zoned in on their voices. Reuben let a small sigh escape him as he followed the sound of growls outside to the perimeter of the grounds. There he found Dagan hunched over a large raccoon face covered in blood, the rain pouring down on him. The female a few dozen feet away hugging her elbows.

"I'm stuck." she said, directing her voice to Reuben. Gesturing then to the newly planted garden. "There are seeds everywhere."

Reuben crossed to her, clearing his throat before picking her up, tossing her over his shoulder. "You stopped to count."

"In my direct eyesight, 3654 sunflower seeds, 400 pumpkin, and 50 seeds I couldn't identify." He put her down a few feet away under the edge of the barn roof.

"Why are you out here?" his hair was now plastered to his face from the rain.

"Does it matter? What you doing in the rain?"

"Looking for my mate. Thought we could talk." he answered looking over his shoulder at Dagan. "I was serious when I said you had to follow the rules and not have any affairs. We might have been forced into this, but I really don't want you disrespecting the rules."

"We were just hunting." she opened the barn door wanting to get out of the rain, Reuben following her inside. "I thought you didn't care about the whole alpha thing?" she let out a sound as she stumbled, her eyes not adjusting to the darkness as quickly as his. Reuben reached for her, keeping her from falling over.

"Of course I want to be a pack alpha. Just didn't think so soon or anything." he pulled her to him, his fingers locking on her stomach. "Why were you hunting in the rain with Dagan?"

"I missed him." her voice was a hush.

"That all you two were doing?" Reuben asked moving them towards a large stack of hay squares.

"We fed off each other." She felt Reuben pull her tight against him. "Whoa, okay I think I got your point as to why you were looking for me."

"Quick, let's have this conversation before I change my mind."



Tune in again for another installment of the Nosferatu Adventures starring your heroine...me (straight up story.  It's all about who's top dog.)


No comments:

Post a Comment