Sunday, May 25, 2014

year 3 Day 87

movie: Silence of the Lambs
starring: Jodie Foster, Anthony Hopkins
genre: Thriller
year: 1991
format: Shaw Video On Demand

plot: The FBI need help catching a serial killer named Buffalo Bill who has been skinning his victims. They enlist the help of Dr. Lector, by having him work with a young profiler, and soon learn that Buffalo Bill is connected to a former patient of Lector's.

This is based on the novel of the same name.

I seem to remember there being more to this film. It's one of those things where it's set the standard for it's genre, and when you look at how movies/television are now, you see so many elements of the 1991 movie everywhere.
I saw this film when it first came out 23 years ago, and for some reason, today when I had the chance to watch it again, I kept thinking there was suppose to be more.  For some reason, my memory had another character, another sub-plot.

Hannibal has become such an iconic character, I had forgotten that he's barely in the film, that it's not his story as much as it is everybody else.

No comments:

Post a Comment