Thursday, December 25, 2014

Random movie Dec 25th 2014


The Interview

plot: Two lowbrow reporters are given the chance to go to North Korea to interview their leader. The CIA contacts them, asking them to be part of a murder plot.

This is a 2014 slapstick comedy starring Seth Rogen and James Franco.

Like millions of people in the last 24 hours, I just saw the now infamous The Interview
I have to say, when I first heard about this film back in the summer, and saw the original trailer for it at the cinema, I thought it looked like a funny waste of time. Then all that happened happened, and I was bummed to find out Canada wasn't going to get a release for it. Dude, that sucks.
Then, hey last second we get it online. Yay!

I have to say, they had me at the line "Eminem is gay on our show!"  It was funny, like snot out your coffee funny.  This movie, for all it's hoopla, has it's fair share of moments. I kept thinking back to movies like Top Secret and Spies Like Us, pretty much the whole time. The fake fruit was nifty.

What do I think of this movie? To tell the truth, I didn't bother to think as I watched it. The scene where Seth Rogen gets his fingers bitten off was a little extreme, and the tiger was uncalled for but otherwise...it was one of countless slapstick boarding on raunchy films to be produced in the last few years. The rocket up the butt was funny for what it was worth.

This movie will go down in history as a lesson in film making, not because it was particularly good, but because it was the little engine that could. Even if it really shouldn't have.

No comments:

Post a Comment