Wednesday, October 28, 2015

13 Days of Hallowe'en Day 10

What's Hallowe'en without a few zombies?  Well, normally, my type of Hallowe'en, but I have admitted before, I totally dig the show iZombie.  So this is my "zombie" inspired recipe. (yeah it was suppose to be few days ago, but I screwed up)


 A cheesy brains (cauliflower) casserole.

1 cauliflower brain (full cauliflower)
1 cup cheese cut into cubes or shredded
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup milk
3 tablespoons flour
ground black pepper to taste
hot sauce to taste
diced frozen hash-browns
1/2 cup green beans
onion
oil

Cut cauliflower into smaller parts, drizzle with oil, bake for 15 minutes on 350degrees

add hash-browns and green beans, baking for another 15 minutes,

chop or dice onion (your choice) add to dish,

I made a basic cheese sauce : melt butter, add milk stirring, add flour and ground pepper, continue to stir

add cheese (I used a medium cheddar), and hot sauce, continue to stir on very low heat until all the cheese has melted and the sauce has started to thicken.

pour over dish, continue to bake for another 10 minutes

 Okay, I have to admit, I had done a completely different recipe for this post few days ago, and was not happy with it. Therefore, I had to skip it (this was suppose to be right after the grouping of zombie films)
If you want a more "horror" appeal to the dish, you could use a white cheese which will hold the pinkish/red colour of the hot sauce more.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, so I love this show a LOT. It's so funny and so clever. I find myself actually wanting a bit of whatever Liv is eating - she makes it look so good. ;) Cauliflower is a fun idea, it definitely has the look of brains. And what's not to love about cauliflower in cheese sauce. I'm thinking a few extra douses of hot sauce at service would do just the trick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I really hope it gets a 3rd season. Not my prettiest dish but one of the easiest.

      Delete