Wednesday, October 21, 2015

13 Days of Hallowe'en Day 3

And the last recipe inspired by the movie Elvira Mistress of the Dark... inspired by the scene in the beginning of the film, where Elvira learns about the inheritance after having just quit her job.  She's having a conversation with her manager -

"Forget it Manny, I'm never working for that sleazeball again! I'll just have to find another sleazeball."

Yes, I made a sleazeball...


2 packages of cream cheese softened
1 cup shredded cheese (your choice)
1 chopped jalapeno (or to your taste)
pinch salt


blend the cream cheese till smooth,
then slowly add your shredded cheese (I used a mix of cheddar, mozzarella and montery jack) and jalapeno,
mix well,
add the pinch of salt, continue to blend till smooth

chill for about 2 hours or until mixture is cold enough to be handled and formed into a ball

This can then be rolled into any number of optional toppings, like nuts, or dill or more peppers etc.  I left mine just the way it was, because...well I completely spaced out and forgot to add the red pepper flakes. I know, totally batty of me right?

There are movies coming this week, I promise it's not all recipes. Though, to be honest, I was hoping to have a full week of recipes and arts/crafts, but a few of the projects just didn't come together for me. I've got another Elvira post coming at you then we move into zombies...

2 comments:

  1. You have to watch me if there's a cheeseball at a party - I will sit and make "conversation" with it all by myself... ;) Love the inspiration (and the fun name).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was one of those crazy out of thin air ideas that had me giggling to myself for ten minutes. Now, if I can harness that for November's Food n Flix...

      Delete