Friday, April 1, 2016

year 5 day 116

movie: Mad Max
starring: Mel Gibson, Hugh Keays-Byrne
genre: Action, Crime, Drama,
year:1979
format: TV Edit

plot: After a member of a biker gang is accidentally killed in a high speed chase, a feud begins between the gang and the local highway patrol.

So if I wasn't crazy about the other two in the series, why'd I bother? Cause I'm one of those people that once I see any part of a series I need to finish the whole thing. 

I was bored. I don't know what I was expecting, but a basic cop revenge story wasn't it. I see where the basic cop revenge dramas sort of got their momentum, and I see where the whole Fast and Furious lets do everything on the road genre came from.  I don't know how long the original movie was, but watching it on tv, it was more commercials than movie.
So the dog wanders off at one point and no one mentions him again. The kid is there for one scene in the beginning, then not mentioned for half of it till he pops up conveniently in the car during the vacation. And the dude who gets arse jacked is running without issues thirty seconds after a gang has all taken a turn on him.  I give you plot holes.

I felt like it was missing something, and it might have been given it was a tv edit? It was almost like nothing really happened till the last ten minutes, as if the first hour and 45 minutes were the intro.

what did I learn? The average tv commercial gets replayed 10 times per show.

No comments:

Post a Comment