Friday, May 27, 2016

year 5 day 147

movie: The Do-Over
starring: Adam Sandler, David Spade
genre: Crime, Comedy
year: 2016
format: Netflix Canada

plot: When two old high school buddies decide they need a fresh start, they fake their own deaths. Unfortunately for them, they've stolen identities of wanted men.

So this is one of those Netflix Original Films. I have to say, it was a lot better than expected. I know I know, I keep complaining about how much I dislike Sandler yet end up watching his stuff. It's a vicious cycle of boredom and stupidity that has me in that loop.

What seems like a simple buddy comedy at first, becomes this interesting -okay mildly interesting- who done it. The two lead characters find themselves first living what seems to be the lives of two very wealthy criminals, but as things progress, the facts are uncovered and they realize the identities they have stolen are of two doctors trying to cure cancer. They soon have mobsters after them, and limited time to figure out who the real killer is.

This is fairly clean for a Sandler/Spade combo, up until the last fifteen minute or so, than it falls into that typical teenaged crap they are known for. I don't think I'd sit through this again, but I thought it was much better than some of the other films I've seen the duo in. (apart from the Hotel Transylvania films which I loved)

what did I learn? There was way too many up the butt jokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment