Sunday, November 9, 2014

year 3 day 135

movie Stepford Wives
starring Katharine Ross, Paula Prentiss
genre Thriller
year 1975
format Online

plot  After moving to the suburbs of Stepford, a young wife starts noticing that the other women in the town are acting too subservient, and one after another disengaging from their normal lives. Afraid their husbands are drugging the water, she takes samples to be tested, only to be told everything is fine, and begins to believe she might be loosing her mind. But soon learns even her rebel of a best friend has fallen victim to the brainwashing, and begins to dig deeper into the town's secrets. Discovering the women have all been replaced by robots. 

Based on the book of the same name.

Okay, I finally finally saw the original. And I'm left wondering why it's become such a cult classic? Honestly, the promised horror just isn't there, and frankly, I didn't get much thriller out of it either. I have to say it, I think the 2004 remake was actually better. 

This does however, get me wanting to read the original book, which I must now track down. And I still wouldn't mind a stepford husband who looks like Seth Rollins, I still think that would be spiffy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment